Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club
Located on Awabakal Country, Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club was established in 1929. A group of men from Swansea, some already qualified lifesavers from a neighbouring club, looked for a spot between the Heads and Pinny Beach to establish a safe place for the clubhouse – adjacent to the big cave on Caves Beach.
From its beginning the club has become a well-renowned competitive club and reputable community service provider.
With over 250 junior members (2023) the Caves Beach club continues to nurture dedicated lifesavers to keep swimmers safe.
The Club is also committed to collecting and preserving the history of its members and activities for future generations.
Image: Caves Beach Surf Life Saving club house, from 1956 to when demolished in 1978.
127-139 Caves Beach Road, Caves Beach, NSW 2281